- Develop relationships with technology stakeholders, take the learnings from project engagements and inform security decision making in shifting common architectural patterns and enterprise strategy
- Work with multiple scrum teams to provide design and technical guidance.
- Develop End to End Data architecture for large programs.
- Perform solution assessments of various options for its pros and cons and identify the optimal solution path.
- Develop and maintain re-usable architecture and design patterns for consumption by the broader solution architecture practice
- Foster a collaborative culture for the development of strategic thinking within Architecture teams
- Ensure appropriate knowledge management and accurate documentation across domains in the enterprise security architecture practice
- Document, socialise and present outcomes of key decisions during security architectural engagements
- Advise projects on appropriate security patterns aligning to the organisation’s security standards
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
- 15+ years overall IT industry experience
- 5+ years in a Data architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Large scale design, implementation and operations of OLTP, OLAP, DW and NoSQL data storage technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure SQL DW, PostgreSQL, CosmosDB, RedisCache, Azure Data Lake Store, Hadoop, Hive, MongoDB, Neo4j, Cassandra, HBase
- Significant experience in data warehouse design using data vaults.
- Creation of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions using Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight, HDP, Spark, Databricks, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Tez, SSAS, Watson Analytics, SPSS
- Design and configuration of data movement, streaming and transformation (ETL) technologies such as Azure Data Factory, HDF, Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Sqoop, SSIS, LogicApps, Signiant, Aspera.
- Application of Information Architecture in large enterprise through use of industry standard modeling, mapping, management, metadata, lineage and quality standards and technologies including IDEF1X, DDL, DML, UML, ER/Studio, ERWin, MDM, IDQ
- Visualization using technologies such as PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, D3, Spotfire, Qlik
Key Behavioural Skills required
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer-service focus and strong customer management skills.
Key Technical Skills required
- Strong knowledge of Cloud patterns and architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Azure. Certification is preferred
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing design techniques
- Strong knowledge of Dev Ops tools supporting end to end automation.